In order to provide a conducive atmosphere for use of IRC services and facilities, Users in the IRC must respect the rights and privileges of all others and are required to comply with the Rules and Regulations listed below:
Library Opening Hours
The Library will be opened and closed as follows:
Monday – Friday
Open: 08:15am – 1:00pm
Closed: 01:00pm – 02:30pm
Open: 02:30pm – 05:00pm
Saturdays, Sundays and Public holidays will remain CLOSED
Registration and Admission to Use the IRC
Admission to use the IRC is allowed to the following categories:
- EAC Staff
- Delegates from Partner States
- Development Partners
- The General public
Formal communication to the EAC addressed to the Secretary General attention to the Principal Librarian requesting use of the IRC is required. The IRC staff reserves the right of admission.
Borrowing of IRC Materials
- You need to be a registered user in order to borrow the information materials
- Library materials borrowed must be returned on or before the due date
- No IRC Material may be taken out of the library unless it has officially been issued to the user.
- The number of items for normal loan at one time shall normally not exceed five
- Any user with overdue IRC materials will not be able to borrow any other IRC material.
- Non EAC staff will not be allowed to borrow materials out of the library unless clearance has been given
- Periodicals, Reference materials and journals are for use within the IRC.
- The IRC reserves the right to recall any books before the date on which it is due.
DOs and DON’Ts
- Drinking, eating and smoking are prohibited in the Library.
- All bags must be kept in the lockers provided for
- The IRC will not accept responsibility for loss or misplaced personal belongings.
- SILENCE must be observed at all times. MOBILE PHONES should be kept on silent.
- Information materials are to be handled carefully. Mutilation and damage by marking, tearing or staining will lead to replacement of a new material by the user.
- Theft of IRC Materials is a criminal Offence and Offenders will be prosecuted.
- Information materials should not be returned to the shelves.
- IRC staff on duty have the right to request a user to leave the premise if found violating any of the library rules and regulations.